Tuesday, October 11, 2016

His life is our life

When are we most alive? When we are participating in the life of God. The more we participate, the more alive we become.  

And what is the life of God? It is the joy God has always had and now experiences in the union and communion between the Father and the Son as they gaze upon the beauty (the infinite glory/worth/value) of the other in the Spirit of love and adoration.

We will experience that life of God to the degree that we turn away from trying to secure life by our own efforts and let him fill us with his life/Spirit.

Jesus said:

And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed

"I have manifested your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world. *Yours they were, and you *gave them to me, and they have kept your word. Now they know that everything that you have given me is from you.

For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me.

I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours.

All mine are yours, and yours are mine, and I am glorified in them.
And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one." - Jesus - Joh 17:3-11 

*This language depicts value of that which is theirs i.e. us. We are valuable to both the Father and Son.

#EternalLife #ThotsAboutGod #ThoughtsAboutGod

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. Feel free to leave any comments, questions or thoughts and I will try to reply within 48 hours.

If you like our posts please feel free to subscribe to our blog and recommend others to the same. Just click on the home page at the far left of the navigation bar up top for instructions.

Grace to you
Jim Deal